Pool or Solo?

• 7 Replies

Grae500

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Pool or Solo?
« on: 28. March 2017, 02:22:05 »
Note: I'm mining on a few old PC's, nothing special, and a bit dated now Amd FX hex core with dual RX470 cards. But wondering, at the current levels, would it be better to solo mine or pool? I'm currently pool mining, but wondering if the reward would be greater if I was solo mining.

Currently mining on 2 old Dell 9010 desktops (i5) the AMD FX and an old testbed server with a 4 core Xenon.

bravehearth0319

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Pool or Solo?
« Reply #1 on: 03. May 2017, 15:37:03 »
Note: I'm mining on a few old PC's, nothing special, and a bit dated now Amd FX hex core with dual RX470 cards. But wondering, at the current levels, would it be better to solo mine or pool? I'm currently pool mining, but wondering if the reward would be greater if I was solo mining.

Currently mining on 2 old Dell 9010 desktops (i5) the AMD FX and an old testbed server with a 4 core Xenon.
I've been here for this industry for a couple of months. But honestly, until now I don't understand what is pool or solo? is this a kind of mining pool into bitsend BSD?

Trollollo

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09. June 2017, 16:24:23 »

I've been here for this industry for a couple of months. But honestly, until now I don't understand what is pool or solo? is this a kind of mining pool into bitsend BSD?
If you mine solo,there will be calculated only mining power of your local machine,and it is harder to get reward,instead of mining in pool.Pool is something like community,where people put their hashing powers together to get reward,and all miners will get some share of this reward(25 bsd).If you mine solo,and hit the block you will get 25 BSD

Script3d

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13. June 2017, 07:52:48 »
if you can find a block with your hash power its better to do solo because you get all of the block reward , pool has a fees if you want to maximize your earnings you go solo only if you can find a block

Trollollo

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21. June 2017, 12:33:38 »
Uhh... sorry for my previous post.Atm you will get less what 25 coins from block,because of masternodes. :P

JUmpy14

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04. July 2017, 23:00:50 »
so
with a GPU can we mine in solo or its too hard ?

Victorycoin

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10. July 2017, 00:57:45 »
if you can find a block with your hash power its better to do solo because you get all of the block reward , pool has a fees if you want to maximize your earnings you go solo only if you can find a block
I think pool really means many more hands at work and with that, a lot more readily  be accomplished , so I go with pool

lankyman

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15. July 2017, 23:18:36 »
Hello, why is it such a pain to get a working mining pool for bitsend, and they all have incorrect instructions on how to mine in the getting started instructions.
They dont say what the algorithm is , example, --algo=xevan or for sgminer which is -k xevan.... i dont know but for me this is a pain.
I have managed to successfully mine SOLO a few blocks.
I have however tried to mine again and i dont know if there is something wrong but it doesnt seem to find any new blocks, not sure why.
I want to test my graphics cards are working properly and that the xevan algorithm actually works properly but i cant find a proper pool that actually works.
Please can somebody assist me and give me the full command .

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15